Monday, February 1, 2010

Mom's realization

February 1, 2010

For the first time, I'm seeing what my Mother had only described as "you're getting older". I witnessed my son "starting to get older". He smiled at me with purpose, when I smiled at him. He stared at me when I was looking at him. And when I moved my face, he followed it to see where I was going. He's starting to get older.

I placed him on his ocean mat and he looked at the lights. He moved his body in a vigorous series of yoga moves. He looked at me when I took his picture. My son's getting older.

There is a certain type of feeling, a deep level of affection that I have for my son. I've never felt this way before, not for my husband or anyone else in my family. When I look at him, I smile and then feel so elated that tears instantly burst into my eyes. My son. What a powerful word. Son. Thank you Krish for giving me the privilege of being your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment